Occasionally you might meet someone that argues that they do not need more Twitter followers, that what they have is enough. People in this camp will argue that they are looking for quality Twitter followers, rather than pure numbers. For others, it is the number of Twitter followers that is most important to them. I am not sure it matters either way. Some Twitter followers will be quality followers and others will not be, but numbers do matter, just like in life.
Here are some ways to get more Twitter followers:
- Show your Identity in a face shot. People like to connect a person with a face and it is a better way to identify with them. People are social creatures even if we increasingly communicate digitally.
- Make your biography interesting. By interesting we mean thought provoking, rather than a work of fiction! Keep it light but factual.
- Make sure you have a nice About Us page. You can link up your Twitter profile to a personal blog or business site to link directly to your About page. This way you can provide much more detail about yourself, your life or for a business, your products and / or services.
- Provide Tweet This type links on your blog, about page and profiles. Make sure it is real easy to promote you. People are promoting your content for you when they Tweet it, so make it accessible.
- Share high quality content. Do not only post about your latest blog posts or product launches to your Twitter page. Post about other people and share the love around. People appreciate the recommended content and will return for more tips from you and about other site content. They are also more open to commercial offers if they think you are trying to help them in a genuine way.
- Reply publicly whenever possible. It is easy to reply with a direct (private) message, but then people do not see your reply. If you do not this too often, you might find you rarely publicly reply on your profile and people think you are snotty and unsociable.
- Following people in your industry or niche. Make sure you follow the right people who have a solid position in your industry. This is a good way to get noticed when you reply to them and start a dialogue.
- Do not promote yourself too much. No one enjoys someone that is over hyping themselves or talking too much about themselves. Seek balance.
- Do not post cryptic Tweets. Ensure your Tweet will be understood by all.
- Do not Tweet if the content is dull! If it is not interesting, then skip Tweeting it. This way, you will not lose followers while you are actively trying to increase the number of people following you.
- You can buy Twitter Followers from us. We provide high quality twitter followers to make you look like an authority. Once, you have so many you can then follow as many targeted people as you like. So this will help you build a following that is interested in you and not be stuck at the 2,000 follow limit because you have way more than 2,000 followers.